Super Green Chimichurri Sauce
This is by far my most utilised condiment in the kitchen. Once you make it you will understand. The apple cider vinegar helps pack a nice zesty punch plus the parsley is super iron rich! Make this one ahead of time to put on literally anything that needs a lil' jazzin'. The addition of raw garlic really gets the allicin going AKA nature's antibiotic - if you don't know about allicin you can learn about it here from Brad at bonappetite - that's science baby!
All in all this takes about 5 minutes so there is really no excuse to not make it right now.
- 1 cup of mint (leaves picked, about a bunch depending on your supermarket)
- 1 cup of parsley (you can use a mixture of stalks and leaves here, again about a bunch supermarket depending)
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
1. Pop the mint, parsley, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic and salt into a food processor or high powered blender.
2. Blend into a sauce
3. Put it on everything. Literally. YUM
About the Author
Chloe is a Naturopath practicing in Sydney's Inner West. She has a passion for using food as medicine and loves helping her clients regain control over their health by doing what feels good!. Her approach focuses on incorporating a nutritious diet and lifestyle changes along with nutritional and herbal medicine.