Chocolate Overnight Oats
Updated: Jan 7
This recipe was originally written for RUSSH as a monthly guest spot I write for their website. It is the perfect breakfast for time poor humans like you and me. Breakfast is an important meal - we all know - but more precisely it plays in important role in kick starting your metabolism for the day, keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
You know the saying HANGRY? That is when your blood sugar levels are dipping. It is literally your body telling you to eat. Skipping breakfast can lead to poor concentration at work. So lets start the day right but let's start it at night!
Make this one ahead of time, the night before, wake up and go!
THINGS YOU"LL NEED:
1/4 cup oats
1 cup of milk (your choice of coconut, oat, almond, even cows - you do you babe)
2 tsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. buckwheat groats
1 tbsp. hemp seeds
1 tbsp. pumkin seeds
1 tbsp. raw cacao
1 handful of chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, brazil, cashews, etc)
2 teaspoons of fresh local honey (less or more depending on your preference)
Fresh seasonal fruit (blueberries, strawberries, figs, peaches, raspberries, etc)
80%+ dark chocolate (shaved)
Your choice of chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds
1. In a large jar combine oats, chia seeds, buckwheat, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts and cacao. Pop the lid on and give it a good shake to combine all the ingredients.
2. Top with your milk of choice and honey. Close the lid and shake once more until everything is combined. Place in the fridge to sit overnight.
3. When you wake up pour the contents into a bowl, top with yogurt (coconut yogurt is my current fav).
4. Now it's time to dress her up.
5. Sprinkle more of all of the seeds we used above, dust a light coating of raw cacao, if you are feeling it why not add some grate 80% chocolate and finally a nice handful of blueberries (or any berry that is in season to you).
6. If you are eating on the run skip the bowl and put everything into your jar and get onya bike.
My Kitchen Essentials
Kitchen Aid Food Processor - https://amzn.to/2unzfOQ
Vitamix Blender - https://amzn.to/39PSLny
Cast iron skillet - https://amzn.to/2QReO4u
Japanese Chefs Knife - https://amzn.to/37J1sxX
Baking Sheet Tray - https://amzn.to/37Ocq5A
Silicon Baking Mat - https://amzn.to/39MPCVt
Glass Storage Containers - https://amzn.to/2QVWUgX
About the Author
Chloe is a university trained Naturopath based in Sydney, Australia specialising in skin and reproductive health. She is also a self confessed skincare junkie and is always trying or researching new and emerging products to recommend to her clients during the healing process. Food as medicine is a huge part of her treatment plan, as ultimately you shouldn't have to take a pill everyday. She has a passion for empowering her client to regain control over their health to help bring back their best self. Her approach focuses on incorporating a nutritious diet and lifestyle changes along with nutritional and herbal medicine. To book an appointment with Chloe in Sydney click here.