Updated: Jan 7
Simple, quick and delicious. Whip them out when you have people over, give them to the kids after school or take them to work as an afternoon snack. A great tasty treat packed full of goodness and fibre!
INGREDIENTS • 4 small eggplants (I used listada's because they are beautiful and were available to me, but get what is local to you) • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• Salt (for seasoning and to draw some moisture out of the eggplants)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
2. Slice your eggplants across the width so you get that nice round chip style. The skinner you go the crispier they will get. Aim for no thicker than 1cm
3. Spread them out over a flat baking tray and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt - let them sit for 10 minutes
4. Drizzle olive oil over the eggplants and pop them in the oven
5. Cook for roughly 40 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark. Be sure to keep your eyes on them - your oven may be hotter than mine!
6. Once they are golden brown and crispy remove from the oven.
7. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes and then they are ready to serve!
My Kitchen Essentials
Kitchen Aid Food Processor - https://amzn.to/2unzfOQ
Vitamix Blender - https://amzn.to/39PSLny
Cast iron skillet - https://amzn.to/2QReO4u
Japanese Chefs Knife - https://amzn.to/37J1sxX
Baking Sheet Tray - https://amzn.to/37Ocq5A
Silicon Baking Mat - https://amzn.to/39MPCVt
Glass Storage Containers - https://amzn.to/2QVWUgX
About the Author
Chloe is a Sydney based Naturopath practicing in the Inner West as well as the wider online community. She has a passion for empowering her client to regain control over their health to help bring back their best self. Her specialties include skin and reproductive health. Her approach focuses on incorporating a nutritious diet and lifestyle changes along with nutritional and herbal medicine.